INDEX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERAL CASTER GUIDE

3 posters

Go down

GENERAL CASTER GUIDE Empty GENERAL CASTER GUIDE

Post by Dreagos Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm

(This guide needs updating to the current PWI names and such)

I'll talk about the three mages of the game, their pros and cons and how they work. Hopefully this will give you a small insight into what type of mage you want to be. Don't take this as the final word though, the best way for you to know what you want to be is to try it out yourself.

Fa Shih (Human)

The powerhouse mage. They're easily the strongest mage compared to the other two, but they pay for it with high mp usage. They make up for the mp usage though with two different buffs. One buff increases hp regen and another increased mp regen. At level 10, it boosts regen by 10 HP/MP a second, which is very fast. Not only do they have high mp costs, but they also come with the highest casting times of the three mages. They can get the best magic defense, but their physical defense is still low like the rest.

Pros
- Can use three different elements; fire, water and earth.
- Highest damage possibilities.
- Highest regen.
- Has skills to slow down, and knock back enemies.

Cons
- High MP costs
- Longest casting times.

Yu Ling (Wing)

The support mage. They have a very large arsenal of support and attack skills, but normally you won't have the SP to max both trees out. The only class able to heal, and also have many buffs to increase offense and defense. Most attack skills only specialize to slow down and damage the enemy. They have a mana shield which lets your MP absorb the damage so you don't lose HP. Have many different types of heals and can revive and give you some of your lost exp back. These are a must for parties.

Pros
- Can heal and revive, wanted in parties.
- Buffs that can boost offense/defense by 60% at max level, and HP/MP regen buff that increases regen rate by 10 per second.
- Can dispel debuffs.
- Can debuff magic defense and physical defense

Cons
- Weakest at soloing, can't do a lot of damage, but can heal oneself.
- Only one element, gold.

Yao Jing (Werefox)

The summoner of the three. They easily have the weakest magic attacks of the three, but they make up that damage with their pet. Pets can be caught, sold, and traded and they're the tank for the werefox, and also a good source of damage. Werefoxes are the best at soloing of the three, and can even be considered the richest as they don't need HP or MP pots as much, and they can catch and sell pets. Though their skills are the weakest, they have the lowest casting times along with the lowest mp usage of the three.

Pros
- Pets, wonderful tanks so you will rarely take damage.
- Two skills where you regain MP, and one skill where you regain HP.
- Can solo monsters that the other mages can't.
- Only mage that has an attack skill that can stun an enemy.

Cons
- Weakest mage in PvP because pets aren't of much use there.
- Lowest regen of the three. (Without external buffs)
- Weakest attack skills.

Most useful mage in different situations. (My own personal opinion, not law)
PvP - Human > Wing > Werefox
PvE (solo) - Werefox > Human > Wing
PvE (group) - Wing > Human > Werefox

I have played all three, two not to a very high level, but I have some experience in all of them. As for once the English version comes, I will most likely play as a human mage.

Last edited by Dreagos on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Dreagos
Dreagos

Number of posts : 46
Zhu Xian : Dalmon
Channel : 11
Family : Nemesis
Clan : (name)
P W : (IGN)
Guild : (name)
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CASTER GUIDE Empty Re: GENERAL CASTER GUIDE

Post by AVskiLD Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 pm

huh? WFs are powerful..what are u talking about? a WF can win a duel against an EA Flawless:D
AVskiLD
AVskiLD

Number of posts : 21
Zhu Xian : (IGN)
Channel : (number)
Family : (name)

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CASTER GUIDE Empty hmm

Post by Dreagos Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 pm

really? Any suggestions on what to change? This is also personal opinion as stated before but plz make suggestions Very Happy
Dreagos
Dreagos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitsuu Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:38 pm

AVskiLD wrote:huh? WFs are powerful..what are u talking about? a WF can win a duel against an EA Flawless:D

LoL @ this comment. with an EA's knockback, stuns, critical hits, a WF has no chance... are you serious?

Hitsuu

Number of posts : 78
Zhu Xian : (IGN)
Channel : (number)
Family : (name)
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreagos Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:40 pm

wow guys.. quite the debate we have going here hehe as i've said before this guide is someone's personal opinion (not mine) but the writers.. could you guys make suggestions on what we should change.. you guys know alot more about this game than I do.. input would be helpfull in polishing this guide Very Happy
Dreagos
Dreagos

Back to top Go down