INDEX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge noob faq

Go down

Huge noob faq Empty Huge noob faq

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:32 pm

This is a copy of the same noob faq found on www.1perfectworld.com although this will be outdated by a few days. Updates to this will be maybe once a week whereas the one on 1perfectworld.com will be more frequent.
If I have missed anything, please drop me a PM. If anything is inaccurate, please do say something so I can correct it. All this is based on personal experience and what others have said.

If your looking for a specific thing, use ctrl+f and type in what you want to find. I have tried to use as many words that people use so it should be easy to find.

Index:
1. General
2. Classes
3. Items
4. Quests
5. Pk/Pvp
6. Item mall
7. Leveling areas
8. Acronyms
9. Credits / Other

1. General

Q: What is PW?
A: Stands for perfect world. The game you should be playing if your reading this

Q: I CANT READ TEXT! HALP!
A: In the bottom left click on the rubix cube and then uncheck bold.

Q: How can i see X chat in another chat tab?
A: Click on the rubix cube in the bottom left. On the pop-up you can see a list on the left and a list on the right. The list on the left is the tabs and the list on the right is what you can see in that tab. Choose what you wish.

Q: I cant see any text on my box... How can i change its color?
A: Bottom left there is a box with 4 color on it. Click it and it will change the background color of your text box. There is only 3 options. Hovering over the text box also makes it 100-200% darker.

Q: How do i PM ([Removed] msg) someone?
A: use this format Code:
/Nameofplayer YourMsg

Q: How do i jump?
A: Space bar

Q: How can i find X for this quest?!
A: Use 1perfectworld.com for the quest guides which have locations. If its an exact location, in the top right near the radar there is a button with the arrow (should be furthest right) click that. In the pop-up, in the top right theres a spot for coords. Enter them there, and click add (should be right of the coord box). Now you can follow the arrow on screen or check the map.

Q: How many locations can i have?
A: 5

Q: The map [Removed]. Its to small.
A: Click on the map and it will bring up a bigger and more detailed version.

Q: Whats this yellow bar thingy under my MP?
A: Thats 'vigor'. Some skills only require MP but some also need vigor.

Q: How do I increase my vigor?
A: For every time you hit a mob, it goes up by 5. A faster way is to find someone of the opposite sex ingame and right click their portrait and click 'Hoist cuddle' and have them click 'Intimate' .

Q: I got this little red thingy next to my vigor bar. Now whats that?
A: That is fury. After level 30, some skills need that to be used.

Q: My god, why the hell don't you tell me how to get fury in the question above?
A: Its fun like this. Now, to get fury you need to achieve 100 vigor and it will fill the fury up and then you can gain an additional 99 vigor so you can essentially have 199 vigor or 1 fury and 99 vigor or 2 fury if you hit one more time after you use fury.

Q: How do i take screenshots?
A: Press 'Prt Scr' next to the F12 button. Its saved in 'Perfectworld/Element/Screenshots'

Q: How do I remove my HUD?
A: Alt+H

Q: How do I move my zoom around?
A: Press F9

Q: I heard at 30 you can fly, is this true?
A: Yes, once you hit 30 you can start a quest to get a flying mount. The were race gets a stingray, the elves get wings and humans get surfboard swords.

Q: Someone has a different looking mount! How do i get one?
A: The item mall has 3 different flying mounts for each race. 2 for level 30 and 1 for lvl 50.

Q: I also heard there is different mounts not available yet, what are they?
A: They are likely refering to the new mounts the CN (Chinese) servers got. The were race gets a flaming flying gryphon, the humans get a HUUUGGGEEE flying sword that still looks retarded and the elves get some kind of new wings that have 4. For pictures refer to http://1perfectworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=937

Q: I also heard you can have 'fashion' items. What are these?
A: Its like armor, but no stats and alot of people think it looks better than normal armor.

Q: How do i get fashion?
A: Buy from people or from the item mall. There is also some that can be obtained from winning events which are worth alot more than item mall fashion.

Q: Do i get to choose color?
A: This is also answered at the bottom of this post in the item mall section, but no. Later its presumed we will be able to get dyes to change the color though.

Q: Are WF's the only ones able to have pets?
A: No. There are 'all class' pets that people can use. Theres the bunny, frog, cat, puppy, piglet,dodo bear, butterfly, salamander, silver fox cub.
All of these any class can use but for some retarded reason only WF's can get the eggs needed to make them.

2. Classes

Q: Whats the best class?
A: Depends on style. WF is the quickest leveler and most efficient with money (Could get to 80+ in a month) while WB is the slowest and most expensive to maintain. WF's often die quickly in PvP due to zerg/out-geared/out-leveled and not the best suited for Pvp/pk.

Q: Whats a WF? A WB? Etc?
A: WF = Werefox / WB = Werebeast / EA = Elf archer / EP = Elf Priest / WR = Warrior / MG = Mage

Q: How should i put my stats?
A: Read the forums. Either these or 1perfectworld.com and you can find the builds there.

Q: Whats most wanted end-game?
A: Anything works except for WF. WB's and EP's on oracle tend to seem more wanted due to lack of number.

Q: Best pvper?
A: If you [Removed] at pvp, nothing. If your good at pvp, everything. Its all about play style, but i will say this. Archers drop people FAST (Even WB's with hierograms...)

Q: What gear should i use?
A: Whatever you think works for you. Archers use bow for PvP and slingshot for PvE (or crossbow, whichever you get is better). Warriors/WB use spear/dual blunts/axes.

Q: How do i upgrade my skills?
A: Go to the class master of your class.

Q: Will i have enough SP end-game to learn all skills?
A: Dont know. I myself am running out of gold faster than SP (60-100k+ per skill for me now)

3. Items

Q: What are the best items?
A: Well, the best is what you need the most. In general definition though there are 4 types of 'best'. First up is 3 star items, second is Legendary items then Holy hall items and finally Super legendary..
3 star items have 3 unfilled stars and glow purple when its a weapon.
Legendary items have 1 gold star and need to use molders to craft. They start at lvl 21. They also glow.
Holy hall items have 1 teal star and you can get them when your level 60+ from holy hall
Super legendary has 2 red stars and require 4 or 5 of the best lvl 99 moulders and its own type of moulder.

Q: How do i get moulders?
A: Kill bosses in FB's (Down to quest section if you dont know what they are). Then after level 39, most normal bosses will also drop them that arent in FB's (or so i heard). You can also get from the dragon quest but youll end up spending more on trying to earn enough tablets than just outright buying the molder. Each molder needs 50 silver and 50 bronze or so.

Q: Where do i craft these legendary items?
A: In Southwest ADC at the deity pots.

Q: What do i need to craft them?
A: You need a moulder and the correct amount of mats and a person with the required level of crafting.

Q: How do i make 3 star items?
A: Just normally craft items and you have a chance of making them.

Q: How do i make holy hall items?
A: Theres 2 ways. The easy way is to just buy them from players. If you dont, you need a full party of lvl 60+ people including a tank. Then you need to goto HH and enter the dungeon. The party leader dictates some options which im not sure what they are.
Once inside, you need to get down to the bosses and kill them to get the pieces.

Q: What are these green circle things with stuff exploding in the middle?
A: That is a bomb. If your inside the circle when it explodes YOU WILL DIE. You need to wait for it to explode and then run through.

Q: How hard are these bosses?
A: For HH 1-1 (The easiest) the 3rd boss hurts. Hes a guy with drums.

Q: What are DQ items?
A: DQ stands for dragon quest. The DQ items are needed for completing the quest of that level.

Q: What do i get for completing the dragon quest?
A: Dragon tablets. They come in 3 flavors. Bronze for lvl 21 and 31 quests. Silver for 41 and (51 i assume too) and Gold for 61+?

Q: What can i do with these tablets?
A: Where you character was made there is a dragon emissary. Talk to him and you can trade in tablets for moulders or a special pet.

Q: Is it worth doing?
A: no. Sell all your DQ items. If you do the quest, you will only get 1 tablet depending on which level DQ you do and the cost of doing it is more expensive than selling all of the DQ items. Not only that, you need ALOT of these tablets to turn in for legendary molders. Your better off saving the money to buy wine to clear out FB's for the bosses that drop that molder.

Q: How can I get a higher level proffesion!?
A: If your still a level 1 blacksmith/tailor etc you need to craft items at that level. When you craft, in the top right a green bar fills up. Once that fills up go back to an elder and learn production skills. You cannot get level 4 or higher proffesion until you hit level 50 and finish a quest.

Q: How can i make hierograms?
A: Depends what your talking about. HP/MP hierograms cannot be made. Patk/Matk/Pdef/Mdef can be made by pharmacists using fuel crystals.

Q: What are fuel crystals?
A: You get these from disassembling items. The more stars it has the more crystals will be made. Buying 1 star items to crystalize isn't a good idea.

Q: How do i disassemble?
A: Goto a tailor, blacksmith or jeweler and click on disassemble

Q: What grade items give what fuel crystals?
A: Grade 2 item = grade 1 fuel
Grade 3 item = grade 2
etc.
Zver
Zver

Number of posts : 54
Zhu Xian : (IGN)
Channel : (number)
Family : (name)
Clan : (name)
P W : (IGN)
Guild : (name)