INDEX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version)

2 posters

Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version)

Post by NecroWing Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi,

No, I didn't write these. Full credit goes to Cayeon. But they are usefull. So, I'll link to them, as sufficient permission is given.

http://cayeon.my3gb.com/FA_EP_Guide_PW-INT/FA_EP_Guide_v3.4.PW-INT.pdf

Some translation issues with MS, but I'm sure you guys will figure it out.

So, here you go guys.

NecroWing

Number of posts : 11
Zhu Xian : (IGN)
Channel : (number)
Family : (name)
Clan : (name)
P W : (IGN)
Guild : (name)
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Part 1

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Here is text of that guide (just in case if someone remove download link):

[ ----- Cayeon's Guide on Full Attack Priests ----- ]

~ How to transcend beyond the limits of healing ~
by Cayeon

Dedicated to Perfect World MY - EN
and
Perfect World International

[ ~~~ Contents ~~~ ]
1. Intro
2. Status points
3. Equipment
- 3.1. Armor Types and Builds
- 3.1.1. Heavy Armor - Full
- 3.1.2. Heavy Armor - Minimal
- 3.1.3. Light Armor
- 3.1.4. Pure CON Magic Armor
- 3.1.5. Pure INT Magic Armor
- 3.2. Jewelry
- 3.3. Bonus Stats
4. Skills
- 4.1. Nuking Spells
- 4.2. Debuffing Spells
- 4.3. Buffing Spells
- 4.4. Healing Spells
- 4.5. Pure Support Spells
- 4.6. Passive Skills
- 4.7. How to get the most out of your SP
5. Your role in a party
6. Where and how to level
- 6.1. Monster Locations
- 6.2. Skill Combos
- 6.3. MP Management
7. Player versus Player
- 7.1. Light Armor in PvP
- 7.2. Heavy Armor in PvP
- 7.3. Winning chances and strategies
- 7.3.1. Human Mage
- 7.3.2. Human Warrior
- 7.3.3. Elf Priest
- 7.3.4. Elf Archer
- 7.3.5. Werefox
- 7.3.6. Werebeast
8. Beyond level 89
- 8.1. Heaven and Hell
- 8.2. Your final destination
9. My own Experiences
10. Common Misconceptions
11. Questions and Answers
12. Notes

[ ~~~ 1. Intro ~~~ ]

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Cayeon from Delphi, a level 83 Full Attack Priest. I've started
playing Perfect World MY-CN in late summer 2007 and moved to MY-EN at the launch of the Closed
Beta. My priest is my first and only character, which I have carefully planned on building since I became
interested in this game. The goal of this type of priest, which I'd to like to call Full/Pure Attack Priest, or
Nuker Priest, is to maximize damage from a combination of their offensive, buffing, and debuffing skills.
This will naturally require a pure INT build, and to completely leave out all healing and support spells due
to the extreme shortage of SP.
So what drives me to dare and play such a controversial and unexplored version of the priest? Well, first
of all, my passion in MMORPGs has always been to play strategical, high damage dealing fighters, which
are usually very tough to level, and require a lot of skill to make full use of a wide range of different
capabilities. Perfect World did not seem to offer such a character, so I was rather disappointed at first,
until I found a way to twist a healer into this very model. Since it completely diverts from the original role, I
actually didn't think it would work out very well, but after many weeks of experimentation, the results were
beyond any expectation: when played correctly, a Full Attack Priest can outdamage even the most
powerful archers and mages.
Unfortunately, not many players are aware of their true potential, which explains why this build is so rarely
used. So by creating this guide, I'd like to raise public awareness of this very exceptional type of priest,
and inspire people to actually try it out as well. Read on if you're interested in creating the most unique
class this game will ever have to offer.

[ ~~~ 2. Status points ~~~ ]

As a Full Attack Priest, you will aim for the greatest possible damage, no matter how much defense and
HP you will have to sacrifice.
INT - Intelligence: (1 INT = + magic attack based on your level and equipment magic attack)
This is your main stat, increase it by 5 points every level unless you need STR or AGI for your armor.
STR - Strength: (no special attribute worth mentioning for priests)
Will be let at a minimum to meet your armor's requirements. Usually equals putting 0.5 STR every level
for magic robes, 1 STR for light armors, and 2.5 STR for heavy armors.
AGI - Agility: (20 AGI = 1% critical rate)
Neither the additional dodge rate nor the higher critical rate are high enough to compare with the magic
attack you gain from INT. Hence your AGI should never exceed the minimum amount required for your
armor. That usually equals putting 1 AGI every level for light armors, 0.5 AGI for heavy armors, and of
course 0 for magic robes.
CON - Constitution: (1 CON = 10 HP)
It might be tempting to put some points into it in the early levels, but it totally obliterates your damage
output later when each point of INT gets more and more valuable. Plus, the amount of HP you gain from
CON is simply too low to make any difference. Let it at 5 or if you have the cash to spare, decrease it to 3
by restatting. Getting the lacking HP solely through your equipment will be much more effective.

[ ~~~ 3. Equipment ~~~ ]

[ ~ 3.1. Armor Types and Builds ~ ]
Armors are among the most heavily debated subjects when it comes to choosing the best type for each
class. Although magic robes are the most obvious path for casters, light / heavy armor has shown some
benefits in mages and support priests as well. But is it really an option for a Full Attack Priest?
The most notable benefits of these alternative armor builds undoubtedly lie in their higher physical
defense, which might let you survive a bit longer in AoE parties or in duels against physical characters like
archers. Since they can also switch to magic robes whenever necessary, they can perfectly adjust to any
situation requiring the one or the other type of defense. Now for the bad news, most people are
completely unaware of the actual damage loss you will suffer after sacrificing so many of your precious
INT stats for STR and AGI to be able to equip these armors in the first place.
Let me show you the statistics of a sample Pure INT, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Pure CON and Full
Heavy Armor build on a worksheet I created in Microsoft Excel:
>>> Full Attack Priest statistics <<<
Just see a bunch of numbers? No worries, I’m going to explain this statistic in detail now.
[3.1.1. Heavy Armor - Full] Heavy Armor obviously has the lowest magical and highest physical defense,
but in order to equip it, you’d need so much STR and DEX that you wouldn’t have left enough INT to carry
your latest magic weapon anymore. That’s what the Full Heavy Armor build is about – totally ignoring
damage and going for a hardcore physical defense. You could tank any physical mob without problems,
but well, that’s it. Your abnormally low magic attack would not only prevent you from killing the mobs in an
acceptable timeframe, but combined with equally low HP and magic defense it would get you killed at
every single magical enemy, be it in PvE or PvP.
[3.1.2. Heavy Armor - Minimal] So, people have come up with a better solution. Instead of restricting the
INT to wear their heavy armor, they’re now restricting the STR and DEX to at least be able to equip their
latest magic weapon. The highest possible heavy armor they can wear at level 70 for example, would be
the level 40-46 set, which still has slightly more physical defense than light armor. But again it comes at a
great cost, namely a loss of 17.1% of their potential damage. Due to their slow killing speed, they’ll also
have to take a few more hits before their enemy dies, so their higher physical defense is practically
nullified again. Not to mention they’ll now have the magical defense of a level 46 Warrior. Hence both
Heavy Armor builds are absolutely out of question for any serious Full Attack Priest.
[3.1.3. Light Armor] Light Armor would cover exactly that low magical defense problem. While still having
a nice physical defense, this would seem like the ideal all-round armor – if there wasn’t this damage loss
again. The slightly higher critical rate unfortunately doesn’t make up much of the huge INT loss, so you’d
still be stuck with a mere 84.8% average of your potential damage. Just like Heavy Armor builds you
wouldn’t be able to kill your enemy fast enough before getting hit yourself. None of your defenses is high
enough to efficiently protect your equally low HP; so yet again, this alternative option too is doomed to fail.
[3.1.4. Pure CON Magic Armor] Then how about increasing your CON while simply keeping your magic
armor? It gives 10 HP per point, which equals about 1100 more HP than a Pure INT at level 70. Protecting
you from both physical and magic attacks at the same time, this is clearly the best defensive build for
party-oriented people. However, it’s a contradiction to the very nature of a Full Attack Priest to play
defensively. Just like Heavy and Light Armor builds, CON builds can only reach 79.8% of their damage
potential, which is totally unacceptable for this specific type of priest. Your job is to kill enemies in 1-2 hits
by debuffing and dealing great damage, so 1100 HP is no reason to give up the very purpose why you
created this kind of character.
[3.1.5. Pure INT Magic Armor] Yes, this leaves just 1 viable option. To maximize your damage to the
fullest extent, every build other than Pure INT is a waste. Your low physical defense and HP will not be a
problem here, because unlike the mages, the priest’s protective skills can let you survive easily on a
purely offensive build. What’s more, by skipping all heals you’ll have saved enough SP to max these skills
at a very early level already. In grinding, no mob is strong enough to reduce your HP fast enough before
your massive HoT kicks in again - in PvP, you can easily sleep the enemy and take your time to debuff
before smashing him with full power - and in dungeon parties, you can simply put up plume barrier when
the situation gets critical. If played correctly, this is the only build that has virtually no weaknesses.
[ ~ 3.2. Jewelry ~ ]
Since your choice of rings is pretty obvious, I will just concentrate on the magical and physical defense
enhancing kind of jewelry here. Their benefits are strongly dependent on which armor you’re wearing, and
for which purpose you intend to use it for.
Please note that the defenses are percentage based, so the higher your defense is, the less damage
reduction you will receive when equipping additional jewelry of that type.
Physical defense: Overall, this is the better choice for robe users, as only very little additional defense is
required to get a huge increase of damage reduction. The bad thing is that physical defense type jewelry
usually comes coupled with HP bonus stats, which isn’t the ideal choice for a Full Attack Priests in the
later levels.
Magical defense: If you already have high magical defense, more of this jewelry will probably give you
no more than a 1% or 2% higher damage reduction. The reason why some players still prefer it over the
physical defense jewelry is because it often has higher values of INT as bonus stats, which can prove
very useful in grinding.
If you can't decide, you can also buy 1 of each type and switch them as necessary, if your cash agrees
with it.
[ ~ 3.3 Bonus Stats ~ ]
Bonus stats, not stars, are the most important factor to consider when buying equipment. First of all, if you
don't plan on switching equip on every second mob, make sure that no piece of armor lacks any of the
basic elemental defenses. The more elements are missing, the higher the remaining elemental defenses
will be, but you'd have a hard time fighting against mobs of these specific elements since your overall
defense would be much lower.
The options of bonus stats are:
For higher endurance:
+ HP or CON: Probably the most common bonus stat. Since you can get a very high amount of HP from
it, most players consider it as their main choice for improving their survivability.
+ Physical Defense: You can get a fair amount of it to profit from the huge damage reduction until the
percentages become inefficient compared to CON. Remember that HP increases the numbers of hits you
can take from both physical and magical mobs, while + physical defense is only limited to physical
damage. In later levels, most of the mobs are magical, so I'd advise you to never choose physical
defense over HP, except for PvP purposes.
+ Elemental Defense: Not what you should look for. HP/CON is much more valuable.
For higher damage:
+ INT: Quite rare, and comes in very low values compared to HP/CON. Mostly + 4 or + 5 INT is the
highest you can find, while HP goes easily over 80 at a cheaper price. If stacked, the difference can be
even higher. But if you're looking for even more damage instead of HP on equip, + INT is your best option
in the lower levels.
+ Magic Attack: Mostly comes in rather low amounts compared to INT. To find out which one gives more
base magic attack, refer to my formulas in the Questions and Answers section.
- % Casting Time: Very rare, will increase your damage per second by a small amount, but overly
expensive for what it's worth. Even when stacked at 30% or above, you almost can't tell the difference,
especially if you're lagging.
+% Critical Rate: Very rare and expensive, rises in effectiveness over the levels as your damage output
increases. Its efficiency compared to + INT strongly depends on how much an attack is based on magic
attack instead of a fixed value. For example:
To outdamage 1% critical rate on average:
As Pure INT at level 50 (wearing average 3 star equipment), your equipment will need at least + 6 INT
when using great cyclone level 10.
As Pure INT at level 80 (wearing HH80 sword + average 3 star equipment), your equipment will need at
least + 10 INT when using thunder wield level 10.
Seeing that +1% critical is much easier to get than +10 INT, +% Critical Rate as bonus stat actually
proves to be more effective than + INT in the higher levels.
Other:
+ MP recovery: Unless it's heavily stacked, you'll be burning through your MP way too fast to notice the
recovery.
+ HP recovery: Comes in too small amounts to be useful.
+ STR / AGI: No need for additional STR/AGI over the minimum requirement for armor.
+ MP: No use in adding even more MP as a pure INT build.
+% Experience: The available +% of Experience are too low to make any real difference while grinding.
+ Movement Speed: Became totally useless since the Forest Ruin was closed.
+ Dodge Rate: Due to high accuracy of your enemies, + Dodge Rate barely has any effect.
+ Accuracy: Magic attacks never miss, no need for any accuracy at all.

Last edited by Zver on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zver
Zver

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://exitguild.info.ms

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty part 2

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:02 pm

[ ~~~ 4. Skills ~~~ ]

The totally different arrangement of skills is what truly sets apart a Full Attack Priest from the common
healer. Only when giving up on what most people call the very purpose of a priest, you will be able to
explore their true powers that have been overshadowed by the common support role bias. The right
combination of the skills will enable you to easily outdamage mages and archers, so you will have to do a
lot of planning before deciding which to level. Setting very clear goals and determining the extent to which
you want to restrict your supporting abilities will be crucial to achieve an optimal skill array that best suits
your needs.
Basically you can go from a pure damage dealer, who only skills attacking spells and buffs, to a PvP type
priest, who will also include debuffs, to a secondary supporter, who will use whisht heart as well. Just
remember that the more skills you omit, the sooner you will be able to max your important nukes.
[ ~ 4.1. Nuking Spells ~ ]
Nuking Spells will generally be your first priority.
Physical Nukes:
Plume Quill: This will be your main attack throughout the lower levels, so I advise you to max it. Only
when the benefits of Metal Element Mastery start showing at around 60+, Plume Quill will slowly
disappear from your grinding combo, but due to its very low casting time, it will still be invaluable in PvP
against mage classes.
Feather Razors: Useless in normal PvP or grinding, the damage is way too low to compensate for its
horrendous casting time. The only real use of it will be for solo AoE leveling at level 70+, so don’t get it
until you really have the SP to spare.
Metal Element Nukes:
Great Cyclone: Good damage, very fast casting – your main attack in all levels. Get it to 10 as soon as
possible, it will allow you to kite mobs (slow-down effect) and deal great DPS at the same time.
Thunder Sphere: Your only DoT skill, which won’t show its full power until much later. Useless in PvP, but
absolutely necessary in PvE to replace Plume Quill against wood type mobs. Set it aside until you’ve
maxed Nimbus Aid Hierogram, Five Element Hierogram and Plume Quill / Great Cyclone.
Hurricane Blast: Probably the priest’s least used skill – it’s pretty much the weaker version of Galactic
Storm. It deals some good metal damage, but the requirement of 1 fury totally ruins it. Its only use would
be to bridge your combo in solo AoE at poison mobs (Feather Razors -> Hurricane Blast -> Purify) and in
PvP (Thunder Wield -> Cyclone -> Hurricane Blast ), so I wouldn’t recommend it until 70+.
Thunder Wield: Your best spell ever. Get it immediately once it becomes available, and do always keep it
maxed for your level. Its enormous damage compared to your standard nukes makes it invaluable in
every situation, may it be PvE or PvP.
Galactic Storm: The spell that will strike fear into the faces of your enemies. Even though it uses 2 fury, it
will allow you to 1 hit almost every class in PvP when they’re properly debuffed. Unfortunately, it’s very
expensive to level, both money and SP wise, so I advise you to set it aside until 70+ unless you’re a very
PvP oriented player.
[ ~ 4.2. Debuffing Spells ~ ]
Debuffing Spells are the Full Attack Priests’ speciality. All the surplus SP you saved from the heals will be
used to max these 4 spells as soon as possible for maximum PvP advantage.
Five Element Hierogram: Your most used debuff in PvP as well as in PvE in the later levels. Get it once
Nimbus Aid Hierogram and Metal Element Mastery are at a fairly high level.
Five Corporeity Hierogram: Great debuff against magic metal or fire element mobs, since you are going
to defeat those with Plume Quill. Get it when you have Five Element Mastery maxed.
Five Tone Hierogram: Your paralyze debuff. It has rather limited use (in PvP against melee classes for
example) and doesn’t show its real benefits until it’s upgraded to Holy / Dark.
Five Hue Hierogram: An absolutely mandatory debuff to level. It can sleep your enemy for up to 33.6
seconds at level 10, which gives you plenty of opportunities in every fight: healing yourself, debuffing the
enemy, escaping from mobs or taking aggro off someone else. Get it as soon as you can.
[ ~ 4.3. Buffing Spells ~ ]
While the party buffs are totally useless to a Full Attack Priest, the single buffs are undeniably necessary
to level if you don’t want to depend on another priest all the time. Their priority over the debuffs is
debatable and solely depends on your preference.
Single Target Buffs:
Solid Shell Hierogram: Significantly increases your physical defense. It’s very cheap to level, max it
when you have some leftover SP from your nukes.
Spirit Gather Hierogram: Increases magical defense. Since you won’t have many problems fighting
against magical mobs anyway, don’t level it too much until Solid Shell Hierogram is maxed.
Celestial Guard Hierogram: A quite useful regeneration buff, but way too expensive in the lower levels.
Don’t get it until much later when you can afford to spend so many SP.
Nimbus Aid Hierogram: This buff is an exception; get it as soon as you can. It dramatically increases
your damage.
Party buffs:
Grand Protector: Don’t ever waste your SP on this. Party buffs have exactly the same effect as single
buffs with the difference that they affect the whole party and last 1 hour instead of 30 minutes. Just let the
other priest buff the party.
Aegis's Spirit: Same as above.
Rimption Soul Exaltation: Same as above.
Divine Armory: Same as above.
[ ~ 4.4. Healing Spells ~ ]
The only skill you’re ever going to need from this category is Purify. Whisht Heart is optional, all other
heals are to be strictly avoided if you don’t want to end up being a supporter.
Pure Heart Spell: Leave it at 1. Not even support priests need it.
Whisht Heart Spell: If you ever get tempted to skill heals to get invited more frequently into FBs or HH,
go for this one. Whisht Heart will be the only requirement to act as a secondary healer. At 60+, it can also
save you a huge amount of HP pots and make a real difference in PvP, so I advise you to level it at least a
little. Consider it as a short secondary regeneration buff.
Sapience Pour: Leave it at 1. You can use it for a while in the lower levels to save yourself some HP pots
until you have the SP to level Whisht Heart. For more flexibility in duels, you can max it later at 8x when
you have excess SP, but it isn’t needed at all.
Resurrection: Don’t EVER level this skill, no matter how many SP or money you have. People are going
to bug you all the time to fly over half the map to ress them. Level 1 is enough to avoid this situation and
still be able to ress people in danger of a party wipe in dungeons.
Purify Spell: Get it as soon as it becomes available, and leave it at 1. Leveling this skill will only reduce
its cooldown time.
Chromatic Healing Beam: A simple party heal. Don’t get it; let the other priest heal the party.
River of Rejuvenation: A mix of Whisht Heart and Pure Heart Spell. Don’t get it, you’re no healer.
[ ~ 4.5. Pure Support Spells ~ ]
These spells must be avoided at all costs. They’re locking your own powers to support other people,
which is totally contrary to the purpose of your build.
Extremity Recovery Array (also called Blue Bubble): It reduces the damage taken by enemies and
constantly heals everyone who stands within its array, so it’s quite a valuable skill – for a support priest.
Don’t get it. As a Full Attack Priest, you’re not supposed to abandon your tremendous damage output to
heal the party.
Heaven's Array (also called Red Bubble): Increases damage and casting speed for everyone within its
array. Don’t get it. You’re much better off dealing the additional damage yourself.
[ ~ 4.6. Passive Skills ~ ]
Metal Element Mastery: Extremely expensive, but gives a great increase in metal damage. It’s very
much worth its high cost; get it when you have leftover SP from Nimbus Aid Hierogram.
Flying Mastery: This totally depends on your preference. If you’re not very rich or spending real money
to pay for faster wings, consider getting this skill. Just remember that it solely increases the speed of your
original white wings, not the brown ones or any DQ / Cash Shop wings.
[ ~ 4.7. How to get the most out of your SP ~ ]
Especially at level 40-50, you will find yourself among tons of different skills that you won't be able to learn
right away. Since there is no way to purely farm SP, you will have to save them as much as possible.
- Don't get skills just to 'try them out'. Look at the skill descriptions, make your plans, and stick to them.
- Concentrate on no more than 2-3 skills at a time, which you will always keep maxed for your level. 2
good skills are better than 5 average ones.
- Plan ahead at least 5 levels, so you can skill your nukes as soon as they become available.
- If you ever happen to have a surplus of SP, don't waste them on useless skills. Save them for later.

[ ~~~ 5. Your role in a Party ~~~ ]

In FB/HH parties, a Full Attack Priest’s role is very versatile and needs to be adapted to each situation.
Since there is mostly only 1 other priest in your party, your task will be to watch over him and protect him
at all costs. Use your sleeping or paralyze debuff in case he takes aggro, and help him out by tossing in
some Whisht Heart whenever his heals can’t keep up with the damage taken. Especially at bosses, you
can act as a secondary supporter, while attacking and debuffing during Whisht Heart’s effective HoT (Heal
over Time). Debuffs will be adjusted according to the layout of your party: Five Element Hierogram if there
are more mage classes, Five Corporeity Hierogram if there are more physical classes. In the easier parts
of the dungeon where no debuffs or additional heals are required, concentrate on high damage dealing
for faster killing.
This is indeed a very unusual role for a priest, so make sure to inform everyone of your build before
setting up the party, to avoid any misunderstandings later on. You also need to talk it out with your party in
which situations you should ress or not, as most people hate to grind back the higher exp loss from
resurrection level 1.

[ ~~~ 6. Where and how to Level ~~~ ]

[ ~ 6.1. Monster Locations ~ ]
As your level increases, the exp from questing diminishes until eventually grinding takes over the most
part of your time. A Full Attack Priest can sometimes be a pain to level, so you need to look out for special
spots which are best suited for your strengths. Until level 75, it’s best to grind on nearby magic or poison
mobs, preferredly in the air or underwater since they give much more exp on average, and are also more
spaced out for higher security from aggro spawns.
Level 37 – 44: Voltrer Vipent Form level 41, flying poison mob. Location: North of the Clan of Haste.
Level 45 – 52: Nigonrotor SoarVipent level 50, flying poison mob. Location: Around the Elf, Beast and
Human starter towns.
Level 53 – 57: NineRevolves Vipent Form level 54, flying poison mob. Location: City of Misfortune.
Level 58 – 62: ExtremityTerra EidoFoxie level 60, flying magic mob. Location: North of Fangs Town, or
around the starter towns for non-aggro.
Level 63 – 64: Vampiric Chiropter level 62, flying magic mob. Location: Village of Dreaming Cloud.
Level 65 – 70: Votile StyxChiropter level 68, flying magic mob. Location: Swamp of Wraith, around the
Altar of Misfortune.
Level 71 – 74: IridescencePinna FalconDrake level 72, wood element flying magic mob. Location: Hill of
Scented, north of Town of Sanctuary.
Level 75 – 82: WaveSclew Eidolon level 80, wood element flying magic mob. Location: Lake of Weeping,
west of Dream Searching Port. This is where the famous butterfly parties start: A group of 6 people using
an exp scroll and killing as many butterflies as they can during 1 full hour. It’s considered the cheaper
alternative to AoE, as the exp reward is enormous compared to normal grinding.
Level 83 – 90: Devastation AuricSquama level 88. Location: Lonely Sea. Fish parties work the same as
the butterflies. Alternatively, if you don’t find enough people for your party, you can solo AoE at the level
85 poison mobs called Malicious Cadaver Demon, east of Thousand Stream City. Be aware that their
stacked poison can be quite strong, so I advise you to max purify to avoid any casualties.
[ ~ 6.2. Skill Combos ~ ]
Setting up a good combo will be crucial to maximize your damage output in all kinds of situations.
PvE combos should always be adjusted to kill as fast as possible with minimal hits. Mostly you will be
using this:
Five Element Hierogram -> Thunder Wield -> Thunder Sphere -> Cyclone
If the mob is rather strong you can try to minimize the hits taken by slowing them down first, and using
faster skills to heal or cast plume barrier immediately if the situation gets critical:
Cyclone -> Thunder Wield -> Cyclone -> Plume Quill
At Fire or Metal magic mobs, use this:
Five Corporeity Hierogram -> Plume Quill -> Plume Quill
In case the mob is totally superior to you and you can’t outpot / outheal it (mostly Fire or Metal physical
mobs), you need kite it by constantly using cyclone and running away from it till its safe to attack again.
Another option is to use plume barrier, but it will burn through your MP like hell.
[ ~ 6.3. MP Management ~ ]
Priests are the class with the worst MP upkeep in the game. In the higher levels, you’ll sometimes be
using over 1k MP per mob, which will drain away your cash in no time. The cheapest solution of course is
to sit down and go AFK for a while until the MP fills up again, but that clearly is not an option in FB/HH or
intense grinding parties.
The best way to go without hieros is to level your pharmacy craft up until you can make MassDivinity
Elixirs. They regenerate 100 MP per second during 10 minutes, and you can get 5 for 15 SerpentRoot
Grass and 20 Oroxylum. That’s 300.000 MP in 50 minutes for a few grasses, more cost-effective than
pots or hieros could ever be. In case your elixirs can’t keep up with the rapid MP usage, simply buy a few
pots to bridge the gap.
Another point to consider is the MP usage of the skills themselves. Thunder Wield has about 1.5 times
the damage of Great Cyclone, but almost 4 times as high MP usage. If you’re not in a hurry, save yourself
200 MP by casting Cyclone or Plume Quill twice, instead of 1 Thunder Wield.
Zver
Zver

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Part 3

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:03 pm

[ ~~~ 7. Player vs Player ~~~ ]

The competition of fellow players in PvP is probably one of the biggest reasons why people keep playing
this game for so long. Full Attack Priests (or even support priests to a certain extent) are excellent
PvPers, and are generally unmatched by any other class except very skilled archers or werefoxes.
Your strategy stays the same against every enemy, which is to sleep, debuff, and kill in a few seconds
before they get to do anything:
Five Hue Hierogram -> Five Element Hierogram / Five Corporeity Hierogram -> Whisht Heart Spell ->
Fury Burst -> Galactic Storm (Thunder Wield / Feather Razors if you don’t have fury) -> Cyclone
In case something goes wrong, you have to put up Plume Barrier and Whisht Heart to protect your HP
until Five Hue Hierogram can be cast again. Running is not an option against most classes, since your
movement speed is among the lowest of all.
[ ~ 7.1. Light Armor in PvP ~ ]
The only reason some people choose light armor is the slight advantage against some enemies in PvP.
Having the possibility to survive a few more seconds sometimes allows them to dish out another quick
attack that could eventually decide between victory and defeat. The bad thing is that they themselves
probably need 1 more hit to kill the enemy as well. That essentially makes them dependent on a critical hit
to win, which means it’s all based on pure luck. As such, their PvP strategy will shift from ‘sleep-debuffquick
kill’ to ‘endure and hope for the right moment’.
[ ~ 7.2. Heavy Armor in PvP ~ ]
Heavy armors are definitely the worst possible choice when it comes to PvP. The higher physical defense
doesn’t provide any real improvement against 4 of the 6 classes, nor is your damage high enough to kill
them fast enough before they get to take on your low HP. Therefore your strategies will all have to be
based on outhealing your enemy before too much damage is taken, and hope your defenses stand strong
to give you an opportunity to strike back.
[ ~ 7.3. Winning chances and strategies ~ ]
Here I’ll explain how to win against the different classes in duels, and how good the chances of each build
generally stand. For convenience, I’ll refer a Pure INT Magic Robe build as to MR, Light Armor as LA,
Light Armor switching to robes as LA-MR, Heavy Armor as HA, and Heavy Armor switching to robes as
HA-MR.
[ 7.3.1.] Human Mage: (high magic attack - low defense and HP - no PvP skills)
Mages are definitely the easiest opponent to defeat for a priest. You will just have to wear magic armors
to significantly decrease their damage, while you can either hit with physical or magical attacks depending
on their weak spot. They also don’t have any good stunning or healing skills, so it’s basically a skill->skill-
>dead duel. In case they land a lucky critical hit, sleep them and heal yourself with whisht heart before
resuming the battle again.
MR: (Very Easy) Mostly 2-3 hits are enough to kill them. You can’t lose against mages.
LA-MR: (Easy) Your hits won’t be as strong as if you were a Full INT, but you will probably win
nevertheless, especially if you crit.
HA-MR: (Rather Easy) In absence of HP, attack power and critical rate as well, your only plus here will be
your skills. The mage will probably outdamage you, so you’ll have to rely on whisht heart to win this one.
[ 7.3.2.] Human Warrior: (moderate HP - high physical defense – close/mid-range only)
Warriors are, just like the mages, a rather easy enemy to defeat. The heavy armor they’re wearing makes
them very vulnerable to your magic attacks, and the fact that they don’t have any long-ranged skills brings
them in a serious disadvantage. The only real danger they pose is their close range stunlock, which
essentially means: once they come up close, you’re as good as dead. Hence you’ll always have to keep
them at bay by sleeping and paralyzing them adequately.
MR: (Easy) A 1 hit for Galactic Storm. If there is no fury allowed, use thunder wield and cyclone instead, it
will still kill him in 2 hits.
LA: (Easy) The higher physical defense certainly comes in handy here. You’ll win easily.
HA: (Very Easy) Deadly combination. The warrior won’t stand a chance.
[ 7.3.3.] Elf Priest: (high magic attack - low defense and HP - sleeping / healing skills)
When fighting against your own class, it mostly comes down to each individual’s experience and (to a
lesser extent) equipment. In many cases though, none of you will be able to outdamage the healing of the
other, so in the end it very often depends on who has the better MP upkeep. Here I recommend to have
whisht heart maxed even as a Full Attack Priest, otherwise you might not be able to fully recover your HP
fast enough.
MR: (Rather Easy) You’ll probably win. If sleeping + debuffing + feather razors + plume quill doesn’t kill
him, his MP will still run out faster than yours.
LA: (Normal) It doesn’t really matter if you’re wearing a magic robes or light armor here, the other priest
will attack you with magic or physical attacks depending on your weakness. The only way to win for light
armors is to hope for a lucky critical hit, and then try spamming plume quill as fast as possible before he
regenerates.
HA-MR: (Hard) No matter if you wear heavy or magic armor, you will lose. You’ll be hit hard with either
magic or physical attacks, you can’t dish out any damage, and your HP won’t withstand many hits.
[ 7.3.4.] Elf Archer: (rather low HP – moderate physical/magical defense – ranged stunning skills)
Archers are one the harder enemies to face for a priest. They’re doing a lot of damage in a very short
time, combined with deadly stunning capabilities and excellent defensive skills such as Wing Barrier and
DeityHawk WingRise. Their only downside is the rather low HP that you must exploit mercilessly by trying
to 1 hit them with Galactic Storm or even Thunder Wield. If you can’t finish them off quickly enough, cast
plume barrier immediately, in hope for another chance to strike the final blow.
MR: (Normal) Unless they wear extraordinarily good equipment, you can 1 hit archers even several levels
above you with galactic storm. 2 hits with thunder wield and cyclone. Still, make sure not to let them gain
the upper hand – they can usually 1 shot you as well.
LA: (Rather Easy) Light Armor Priests are the archers’ most feared enemies by far. Both of you have
great debuffs, can attack both magically and physically, and even wear the same armor now – but your
attacking power is slightly higher. If you don’t screw up too much here, you’ll probably win.
HA: (Hard) Archers have magical attacks too, so either way, you’ll be shot dead.
[ 7.3.5.] Werefox:
Werefoxes are the most versatile and unpredictable class of all – duels against them can range from very
easy to very hard. One usually distinguishes between Mage and Fox Form type, each with special skills of
their own.
Mage type: (low HP/physical defense – debuffing / stunning skills – pet assistance)
Almost all werefoxes you will meet are Mage types. Normally wearing magic robes, they’ll be very easy to
defeat with plume quill. Still, you need to be extremely careful about their pet: it always does physical
damage, with very fast consecutive attacks. Some pets even have various debuffs, including the bugged
bleed, which for some reason doesn’t suffer any damage reduction in PvP. Sleep the werefox first to avoid
her deleting your buffs / plume barrier, then kill her off as fast as possible before she gets to do anything.
Alternatively, if she’s not using the golem, kill the pet first to avoid any problems in case plume barrier
runs out. Don’t ever let her catch you off guard, try to control the fight from the beginning.
MR: (Normal) Werefoxes can be quite tricky to defeat for Full INT Priests. There are many strategies
available how to kill them, but it depends on each individual player which works best. Just try to finish her
off as quickly as possible, 2-3 hits are enough.
LA: (Easy) Neither the werefox nor the pet can hurt you very much. With a bit of experience, she’ll be an
easy kill.
HA: (Rather Hard) Either the pet or the werefox is going to hit you really hard here. Try healing yourself to
endure long enough to dish out a few blows, but I doubt you can win here.
Fox Form type: (low HP/magical defense – high physical attack – pet assistance)
Since it costs too much time to switch forms in duels, this rare werefox type will concentrate on her
physical attacks in her Fox Form. By leaving INT at a minimum, she has enough spare points for STR and
DEX to wear heavy armor without a problem, so you are going to attack her with magic attacks instead of
plume quill. Sleep her immediately once the duel starts, and try to get a 1 hit with Galactic Storm or
Thunder Wield.
MR: (Easy) Easier than a warrior. 1 hit her before she can come close.
LA: (Easy) Even if you can’t 1 hit, she won’t be able to get your HP down fast enough before she’s dead.
HA: (Very Easy) Not only can you strike right at her weak spot, you can also endure most of the damage
taken. No way you can lose here.
[ 7.3.6.] Werebeast: (insanely high HP – low attack/magical defense – close-range only)
Their low magical defense and melee-only attacks makes them very vulnerable to your ranged magic
spells, yet their sheer HP makes them an enemy better not to be underestimated. Your tactic here will be
the same as against warriors: keep them away from you by paralyzing and sleeping at the right moment.
You can also kite them with cyclone, but that’s time-consuming and not recommended if he’s on a hiero.
MR: (Normal) You might take a few hits before you can kill him. Still, your chances stand pretty good if
you’re using your debuffs wisely.
LA: (Rather Easy) Due to the werebeast’s low attacking power and accuracy, you probably won’t take
much damage. Be careful of Perdition though, probably their only skill that can seriously endanger you.
HA: (Easy) You have much lower HP than him, yet you almost won’t take any damage. Regenerate when
needed, and watch your attacks slowly sucking the life out of his HP. You can’t really lose here.
Now, you might find it to be really hard to PvP as a priest at first. But don’t worry, that’s completely normal,
since priests need to think about what they’re doing, not just blindly attacking until dead. That naturally
requires very fast reaction times and the ability to always anticipate the enemy’s next step, which is no
easy task for the less experienced players. Just keep dueling different people, learn about the skills of the
different classes, develop countering measures against every type of enemy - and you’ll soon be able to
efficiently use the full spectrum of the priest’s extraordinary capabilities.

[ ~~~ 8. Beyond Level 89 ~~~ ]

[ ~ 8.1. Heaven and Hell ~ ]
At the level 89 cultivation quest, you will get to choose between Heaven and Hell, a feature that enables
you to gain additional effects for skills by using the skill books that drop from FB89 onwards. When
looking at the skill bonuses, you will immediately notice the huge difference between the two options, so
make sure to evaluate them properly before deciding which of them suits you best. Generally, Heaven is
more balanced in damage, has better healing and buffing capabilities, and is clearly preferred for more
defense and party-oriented players. For PvPers and soloers, Hell is the better choice, for its better
debuffs, higher critical rate, faster attacks, and more offensive capabilities. Personally I’d advise all Full
Attack Priests to choose Hell, to fully exploit their potential in PvP as well as in general damage dealing.
Here are the skills which convinced me to take the Hell path:
Nimbus Aid Hierogram: ‘’Increase another extra magic attack damage by 150% for 10 seconds.’’
No more needs to be said, this will make you the king of 1 hits.
Five Tone Hierogram: ‘’Oneself’s magic attack will be not be reduced.’’
Paralyzing melee classes from distance and then attacking at full power will make this your best debuff
skill.
Thunder Wield: ‘’Reducing the enemy's metal elemental defense by 30% for 10 seconds.’’
Another great debuffing effect to further increase damage output.
Plume Quill: ‘’Skill chanting and cooldown time equally reduce by 0.3 second.’’
Fast Plume Quill spamming will give you absolute superiority against all magic classes in PvP.
[ ~ 8.2. Your final destination ~ ]
At level 90+, all priests, no matter which type, have accumulated enough SP to max all their remaining
skills. This means that now Full Attack Priests can skill their heals as well, even though I strongly
discourage doing so. As soon as you can heal, you’ll be asked to play the supporter role in parties, which
is of course completely contrary to why you created a Full Attack type in the first place. The only
supporting skills you could consider maxing are Purify (needed for solo AoE at poison mobs), Whisht
Heart (to save HP pots in grinding), Sapience Pour (as quick heal in PvP) and the 1 hour buffs. Don’t ever
touch the rest, or you’ll regret it.
Skills aside, you should now concentrate on farming HH and earning as much money as possible to be
able to afford your end-game equipment. Indeed, equipment will play a major role in the now ever more
frequent PvP activities like group PK and Territorial Wars. Once you got together all your necessary gear,
consider getting physical defense soulstones for your sockets, especially if you’re wearing magic robes.
The reason for that is, you’ll get a nice increase in damage reduction when your defense is still low, and
the HP can now mostly be covered by high armor upgrades alone. This will give you a whole range of
new opportunities in mass PvP like Territorial Wars. Although you’ll never stand on the front lines, you can
endure a few shots while dealing massive AoE damage to surrounding enemies, as well as effectively
eliminating catapult pullers without immediately getting sniped from behind. In fact, Full Attack Priests can
completely replace mages in any situation, while having a lot more additional capabilities to adjust to new
circumstances and strategies. Be it for interrupting warrior stuns, hunting down the healers or just assist
in standard damage dealing, you’ll always be of great value to your team.
In conclusion, Full Attack Priests will become the ideal all-round damage class, without ever needing to
skill their heals.
Zver
Zver

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Part 4

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 pm

[ ~~~ 9. My own Experiences ~~~ ]

During the 8 months I played on Delphi, I learned a lot about the system and economy of the game, made
many wonderful acquaintances, had tons of fun in PvP, TW and raid parties, while receiving a lot of
admiration for my Full Attack build from various people, as well as having to endure a lot of disfavor and
criticism. Overall, I can say that my experiences have been very mixed, and I can’t deny that they could
certainly have been much better if I was a generic support priest. Nevertheless it was totally worth trying
out this really unique class, and finally writing this guide to pass my legacy on to newer motivated players.
I shall tell you my story as a Full Attack Priest as I went through the levels, so you can get a first
impression how it’s like to belong to the estimated 0.5% of the priests who can’t heal.
The hardest part of the game were undoubtedly the lower levels, when every ranged physical mob
practically smashed me to bits. Especially around level 16-20, my nerves were arduously being put to
test. Without healing or plume barrier, it was nearly impossible to survive even 1 mob unless I potted like
mad. As you can guess, this seriously made me question my build already. Did I overestimate the
damage bonus you gain from higher INT? As I almost decided to put some CON already, the surprising
appreciation of my build from other players inspired me to be patient and go on with my plans. Yes, at that
level, people were actually very open for new ideas, probably because they hadn’t directly experienced
the standard role of a priest yet. Anyway, from the point I got my 3 star weapon from FB19, my leveling
got much easier. To make up for my low CON, I collected enough money to put some HP stones into my
equip, which carried me over into the 3x levels without problems.
It wasn’t until I needed FB29 that I made my first rather bad experience with other players. As I didn’t
have a guild at that time yet, Memoire was kind enough to assist me with the dungeon. Everything went
pretty smoothly, until one of their members blamed it on me that apparently his hiero jumped way too
often. Although I had mentioned my build before going into the FB, he didn’t seem to have taken it
seriously until I proved him that I couldn’t heal indeed. He seemed to be really furious, and persistently
called me a stupid noob. The other people also wanted to make clear how horribly useless I was, and
insisted that I should skill heals immediately. It was such a disappointment. Worse still, as the levels
passed I’ve noticed the same behavior again and again from many different people. No one ever heard of
my build before, so I’ve come to realize that I was probably the only Full Attack Priest on the whole server,
contrary to my original assumption that the population was at least 10%. But well, ever since that event, I
always made sure to thoroughly explain my build before partying anyone, to avoid such painful situations
in the future.
As my quests slowly ran out in the low 4x levels, I was grinding for the most part on flying poison mobs
until my high 50s. It was exactly then that I first noticed the difference in damage compared to normal
INT/CON builds. When observing other priests grinding at my spot, it couldn’t be overlooked that they
always needed at least 1, if not 2 more hits to kill the same mob. Of course I attributed this remarkable
difference not only to my build, but also to my higher leveled offensive skills and my optimal stat system
on equipment (I’ll explain that in detail in the FAQ section). What’s more, that difference even seemed to
increase in the coming levels.
In my mid 60s though, the strength of the mobs suddenly rose dramatically around Fangs Town. Although
my damage was good, I still couldn’t kill these metal mobs fast enough to avoid significant HP losses. The
dropped HP pots couldn’t keep up with the rapid usage anymore, and kiting wasn’t really an option if I
wanted to kill many mobs in a very short time like before. So it was then that I decided to skill whisht heart
at last. It felt kinda weird to level a skill from the healing tree to higher than 1, but it was necessary –
unless I would have liked to spend tons of money on HP pots, which would be rather ironic, since I could
easily heal myself with a low level whisht heart. Up until this day I still don’t regret skilling it. It truly made
my life much easier in grinding, as well as getting into HH parties when there was only 1 other priest.
Since I never spent any real money on this game, HH was indeed my second best money supplier when I
needed to buy my rather expensive skills / equipment and teleports for the daily world quest - the first
being mining on my pet ride along a fixed route around Dream Searching Port and Plain of Leaving.
In the meantime, I’ve been in at least 5 guilds, all of which I eventually left due their members’
disappreciation of my build. The bigger and higher the guild was, the more rejection I usually experienced.
From being ditched in parties, to being insulted for not having resurrection level 10, I experienced the full
palette of possible disfavor you can imagine.
Fortunately I found a much more mature guild shortly after, where I finally met some people who were
more open-minded for my playing style again. That accidentally coincided with the moment I was able to
max all my debuffs, so with my newly found companions, I began to explore an aspect of the game that I
had neglected up to now: PvP. As much as I hate to admit it, I got seriously owned in my first fights.
Sometimes I even lost against people a few levels lower than me, partially because of my lack of
experience, and partially because I was always lagging horribly at 700 ping before the AIMS lines got
implemented. Still, no matter what the outcome was, people always praised me for my damage, which
gave me motivation to further improve my strategies. Over a few weeks of dueling people and exchanging
experiences, my PvP skills gradually got better: I learned to keep enemies at bay to protect my low HP
and use different tactics to counter each class’ most sneaky skills. I also now realized the need to level up
the preciously unneeded spell galactic storm, which allowed me to 1 hit almost every warrior, archer, or
light/heavy armor MG/EP/WF several levels higher than me (when properly debuffed with Five Element
Hierogram of course). It made me so proud to see everyone go ‘’WTF!’’ after seeing that skill smashing
through their HP.
Still, at heart I was more focused on PvE and damage dealing than anything else. In the late 70s then, I
decided to slowly switch most of my +HP accessory to +INT and + Critical Rate, while still keeping in mind
the optimal stat system. Contrary to what most people would expect, additional HP proved to be useless
when it came down to normal grinding, simply because unless you’re 1 hit, you will be able to heal
yourself much faster than a mob can hit you. My level 10 whisht heart combined with insanely high INT
truly did wonders there.
In the end, I had around 2700 HP and 415 INT at level 83. I never wore any HH armors due to their bad
bonus stats up until 90, instead I bought HP / physical defense enhanced 3 star equipment for my level,
since +INT on good armors was pretty much impossible to find. To save my money for the level 90 HH
armor, none of my equipment was upgraded to more than +1 or had soulstones higher than grade 5.
As for skills, I maxed them in the following order:
Level 45: Plume Quill
Level 48: Great Cyclone
Level 5x: (early) Solid Shell Hierogram
Level 56: Nimbus Aid Hierogram
Level 5x (late) Plume Barrier
Level 64: Five Element Hierogram
Level 6x (late): Spirit Gather Hierogram -> Whisht Heart Spell -> Thunder Sphere
Level 7x (early): Celestial Guard Hierogram -> Feather Razors
Level 74: Metal Element Mastery -> Five Corporeity Hierogram
Level 7x (late): Five Tone Hierogram
Level 80: Thunder Wield
Level 8x (early): Purify -> Hurricane Blast
Level 8x (early, planned): Divine Armory -> Grand Protector -> Aegis’s Spirit -> Rimption Soul Exaltation
Level 85 (planned): Five Hue Hierogram
Level 86 (planned): Galactic Storm
None of the remaining healing skills were planned to be learned at all.
Skills I always kept at maximum priority, but could not master immediately due to higher level
requirement:
Nimbus Aid Hierogram -> Thunder Wield -> Metal Element Mastery -> Five Hue Hierogram -> Galactic
Storm
All in all, I’m very happy with what I’ve achieved here. Though it was undeniably a very difficult way, I
never regretted having chosen Full Attack Priest as my class. I would absolutely recommend it to any
experienced player who seeks a new challenge in the ever increasing dullness of the high levels.
Although you’re going to need nerves of steel to fend off all the criticism from other people - if you have
the necessary devotion and persistence to play this class, by all means go for it. I know you won’t be
disappointed.

[ ~~~ 10. Common Misconceptions ~~~ ]

Since the concept of a Full Attack Priests differs so much from the usual supporter role, it has sparked
serious controversy among many people, whose narrow-minded perspective has often caused many
misunderstandings, the following ones being the most popular:
>>> Priests are meant for support.
The fact that priests can heal doesn’t make them a support character by default. Mages can heal others
too, yet for some reason no one ever thinks about that. Consider that if priests were meant only for
support, they wouldn't have any debuffs or attack spells in the first place.
>>> Priests have very little attacking power.
Most priests do indeed. But that’s because of the lack of SP; they always prioritize the supporting skills,
which in turn horribly weakens their offensive power. If priests can focus on nuking spells alone just like
mages, they can become one of the most powerful classes.
>>> Pure INT Full Attack Priests die all the time with 5 CON.
Pure INT builds are only as good as the player's reaction times and coordination. If they're AFKing in
dangerous areas, constantly pulling aggro mobs in FBs, not paying attention to PKers or badly timing their
skills, yes they will die a lot. But if they're well organized, the HP they get from equipment will be more
than enough to survive on pure INT.
>>> No one takes a Full Attack Priest into their party.
If that’s true, then because they’re ignorant. Actually Full Attack Priests should be one of the most desired
classes for parties: they can deal exceptionally high damage, protect other people by taking aggro off
them, and assist in healing at the same time. Mostly when there is a Full Attack Priest, you don’t even
need a second healer.
>>> Every Priest who doesn’t have resurrection at level 10 is selfish.
My hair always stands on the end when I get to hear this. It’s so sad to see that priests are actually
expected to be selfless and run around helping other people all the time. I don’t know what to say about
this misconception, except that if you truly believe this, something is very wrong with your mentality.
>>> Full Attack Priests don’t want to help other people.
Healing does not equal helping people. Everyone can play their character as they like, not merely ‘’to be
useful’’. Archers, mages and warriors would be just as useless in that case.
>>> There is no purpose in creating a Full Attack Priest instead of a mage.
There are many reasons why not to choose a mage:
- no physical attacks
- no good debuffs
- much longer casting time
- much worse in PvP
- not very versatile
- no buffs / heal over time
- no beautiful wings (not really a reason, but it depends on your preference)
Zver
Zver

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Part 5

Post by Zver Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:06 pm

[ ~~~ 11. Questions and Answers ~~~ ]

>>> Can’t Full Attack Priests go into AoE parties without Extremity Recovery Array (blue bubble)?
That’s right, they can’t. Due to their low HP and physical defense, luring is mostly not possible either. You
might think about skilling Extremity Recovery Array, but be aware that it requires Chromatic Healing Beam
and River of Rejuvenation to unlock it. That would essentially make a support priest out of you; therefore
you will have to do without AoE if you truly want to be Full Attack.
>>> So you don't recommend CON builds or Light / Heavy Armors for Full Attack Priests. How about
Support Priests, Mages and Werefoxes?
Support Priests: I strongly recommend a moderate to high CON build for all support-oriented priests,
especially those who can’t afford extremely high upgraded gear. They’re the most important person in a
party, which means once they die, it’s over. The lack of additional healing power will not be a problem if
there is another secondary supporter in the party. Don’t ever go for light or heavy armor, neither the
physical defense nor the critical rate will yield any benefit against most bosses. Remember that more HP
= higher survival against both magical and physical monsters.
Support priests with this build usually put most of their stats into CON in the early levels, cap it out at level
60-65, and then restat to a low to no CON build at 90+. The reason for that is because CON has close to
no benefits in high levels anymore, but it’s mostly needed in mid-levels for better security at HH bosses.
Mages: Your job is to deal high damage so CON builds and heavy armor are out of question. Light armor
might be worth considering, since you can’t heal yourself effectively in combat against physical mobs, and
the additional critical rate makes up a bit for your rather bad PvP capabilities. Still, magic armor will
enable you to hit much harder, the only reason why people would take you into their parties.
Werefox: Unless you go for a Fox Form type, being anything other than Pure INT is nonsense. Your pet is
always going to tank anyway, so there is no need for HP or physical defense at all.
>>> Why do you never mention Hybrid Priests – half support half attack?
Because they don’t exist. Either you can heal or you can’t, there’s nothing in between. Although it’s true
that the priority of skilling attacks over heals varies between each individual, support priests or the socalled
‘hybrid priests’ are one and the same thing when it comes to their role in parties: healing.
>>> What about Full Support Priests - skilling no attacks at all?
Unfortunately that’s not possible in this game. While you might get away with it in dungeon raids and AoE
parties, you still need to be able to attack somehow when in comes to grinding and questing.
>>> Exactly how much base magic attack does INT give?
It depends on your level and your equipment magic attack. Basically it goes like this:
(level+equipment magic attack)/100
For example, if you have 550 equipment magic attack at level 50, every point in INT will give you 6 base
magic attack.
>>> What is the difference between equipment magic attack and base magic attack?
Equipment magic attack: You get it by adding all +magic attack giving equipments, i.e. weapon, rings,
soulstones and bonus stats.
For example, if your weapon gives 500-650 magic attack, your rings 100, your soulstones 15, and your
bonus stats 25, your equipment magic attack is 640-790.
Base magic attack: This is the value you see under Magic Attack in your character window. You can
calculate it with the following formula:
(1+(INT/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)
For example, if you have 1100-1500 equipment magic attack and 500 INT at level 100, you’ll have around
7200-9600 base magic attack.
You see, it’s not a simple addition. INT actually acts as an amplifier.
>>> How did you calculate the damage of all the different builds?
The approximate formula is: ((base magic attack)+(INT+weapon magic attack)*(magic attack % from
skill)+skill add-on damage)*(100% + additional % from metal element mastery)
Please note that it doesn’t take into account the mob’s defense. Unless you can figure out how much
damage reduction a specific mob has exactly, you can only calculate your damage on the extreme low
level mobs like goats and dogs.
>>> Where did you find these formulas? Are they really 100% accurate?
I came up with the INT and magic attack formulas myself, and I’m very sure they’re accurate. Numerous
calculations all have come up with exactly the right value. If you’re in doubt, you can test them yourself;
they’re relatively easy to calculate.
The damage formula I got from the official forums of PW-PH, but here my tests have shown some minor
deviations from the expected results, so I cannot guarantee its absolute validity. Still, it did a good job to
accurately predict the % damage loss of the alternative armor builds compared to Pure INT.
>>> How come your damage calculations show so dramatic differences when I, as a light armor priest,
almost hit as high as a pure INT at the same level?
There might be 2 reasons for that. First, your equipment might be much better than theirs. My calculations
are based on the assumption that both are wearing exactly the same offensive equipment.
Second, you’re lower than the level I used in my worksheet. The difference in damage increases with
each level, so if you’re level 30 for example, you still have 93.3% the attack power of a pure INT. At level
100+, this percentage will go down to 75% and lower, depending on how much you upgraded your
equipment. The stats you put into STR and AGI as a light armor build will become more and more of a
burden as the base magic attack you gain from INT increases at an ever growing rate.
>>> So a pure INT does the most damage of all builds. But who is second?
My worksheet indeed doesn’t clearly show any major differences between pure CON, light armor, and
minimum heavy armor builds. Level 70 is still too low to overly express the differences; but in the end, the
damage will be like this:
Light Armor > Minimum Heavy Armor > Pure CON
This is purely due to the critical rate, since the 3 of them will always have around the same INT.
>>> What is this optimal stat system you were talking about earlier?
Basically, it means that you should aim for the most ‘total stats’ when buying equipment. When choosing
the bonus stats, don’t just mindlessly buy whatever you need at that moment, but precisely look for the
stuff that gives you the most ‘stats’. I write stats under quotation marks, because they’re not really stats,
but more like hidden properties which you can obtain from the real stats as well.
For example:
If you had 920 average equipment magic attack at level 80, what additional property would you choose for
your equipment, 10 magic attack or 5 INT? Contrary to all logic, most players indeed went for 10 magic
attack, which equals about 40 base magic attack, while at this stage 5 INT truly is around 50 magic base
attack. This means they lost out on 1 INT stat point, just out of ignorance.
Another Example:
Would you rather like to stat CON and get the lacking INT on equipment, or stat INT and get lacking CON
from equipment? Most people choose the former, which is again, absolutely contradictory. Not only is INT
equipment much more expensive than their CON counterpart, but it also comes in lower amounts. You
can see +140 HP, which is in fact 14 CON, on quite a bunch of accessories, while +14 INT is close to
non-existent.
If you keep this in mind, you will always be ahead in stats compared to the average player of the same
level. Just use your brain and plan ahead carefully.
>>> Apart from the Full Attack Priest, do you know of any other irregular builds that work well?
Not really. Most irregular builds, like equipping an unusual weapon for your class, have shown to be
rather weak compared to their original form. The only build worth mentioning might be a Pure AGI Bow
Werefox, who can simultaneously use her pet and deal some nice damage with her bow too. I’ve tried
playing one until level 30 and it actually went pretty well, with 1 big downside: on a pure AGI build, I
obviously couldn’t equip any good magic weapon, which prevented me from healing the pet effectively. I
stopped playing her for this very reason, since that hindrance would get worse with increasing levels.
Maybe I should have statted enough INT for the latest magic weapon, but the bow’s damage would
become unacceptable then. So in the end, I really wouldn’t recommend playing any ‘wrong weapon’ type
builds, except maybe as a fun alternative character.
>>> Will you ever be active again in the game?
Mostly likely not. I’ve experienced pretty much all that was worth experiencing here, now it’s time for me
to move on to another game.
>>> I have some more questions, is there any way I can contact you?
I am not very keen on giving out my personal contact infos on a public place. You can try PMing me on
the official PW-INT or PW-MY-EN forum, but chances are I won’t answer very fast or at all. I’ll just keep
visiting those places from time to time, until they fade out of my memory.

[ ~~~ 12. Notes ~~~ ]

1. This guide is mainly directed at Full Attack Priests, but most things apply to support priests as well.
2. The formulas also apply to all other caster classes.
3. All names correspond to the PW-MY-EN version.
4. PvP claims are not to be taken universally. They are probabilistic estimations or generalizations, but in
the end it still comes down to the individual player. No matter which class or build, you can win or lose
against anyone.
5. Dueling strategies are based on the assumption that no one is wearing a hiero. If they do, you’ll have to
adjust your skill combo a little, but your strategies still remain more or less the same.
6. All statements in this guide are opinions formed from experience, not hard facts. Feel free to disagree
at any point, or choose a totally different build.
7. I’m aware that some passages might sound a bit weird or contain grammatical errors. Please don’t be
too hard on me there; English is actually my 5th language I only recently learned.
8. The damage values in my worksheet are meant to provide damage comparisons of the different builds,
not necessarily to calculate your real damage. As I already stated in the Questions and Answers section,
the formula is not 100% reliable.
9. Some sections in this guide might not be very newbie friendly. Don’t worry. As a newbie you better start
out with an easier class and learn the game basics first, before trying out a Full Attack Priest.
10. If you find any errors or inaccuracies in my guide, please tell me. I’ll gladly correct them.
Version: 3.2
05/2008:
Started writing the guide.
Intro complete.
Section 2 complete, basic draft for section 3.
Added Contents, determined the guide’s structure.
06/2008:
Stopped playing PW-MY-EN for the most part.
Section 4, 5 and 6 complete.
Basic draft for section 7 and 9.
Added MP Management to section 6.
Added version history.
07/2008:
Section 9, 10 and 11 complete.
Rewritten section 3.
Revised section 5.
08/2008:
Section 7 and 8 complete.
Added Notes.
Revised section 9.
Conducted ingame experiments for section 11, adjusted it after.
Expanded section 3.
Added pictures, converted to .PDF, finished guide.
~ That’s it! I hope you had as much fun reading as I had writing it. ~
Many thanks to:
Beijing Perfect World Co., Ltd
for developing this beautiful game
All my friends
who accepted and appreciated my Full Attack build
and enriched my gaming experience in all these months
Every volunteer
who helped in my experiments and damage tests
Special thanks to Ellera
for all the challenging discussions about the different builds and PvP strategies,
as well as reviewing my guide and sharing her valuable opinions and experiences
~ Cayeon, Level 83 Full Attack Priest ~

© 2007 – 2008 Cayeon
You may freely distribute this work over the internet if you give me credit, but you may NOT edit or
translate it without permission.
Zver
Zver

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Re: Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version)

Post by NecroWing Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 am

Thanks Zver.

NecroWing

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version) Empty Re: Cayeon's Full Attack Priest Guide (INT Version)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down